Thinking of starting your own indoor playground business? The process is simplier than you may think and you have picked the right time to do it. Indoor Playgrounds are becoming the newest “big thing” that are rapidly spreading across the world. Indoor Playgrounds International will be here to help you every step of the way from concept to completion and everything in between. Please see some of our guidelines for opening your new playground business below.
You will need to gather information about your community and basic market data such as:
- The need for an indoor playground in your community
- How many children are in your community (typically ages 0-12)?
- Do you live in a community with many tourists?
- What does your competition look like? Is there any?
- If you have competition, then what can you do to differentiate yourself from the competition?
- What will you charge your customers? What are your competitor’s charging?
- How much is it to rent or purchase the space you will need?
- How large of a space do you think you will need?
If you need help with gathering any of this information you may consider a franchise through our partner company Luv 2 Play. Please contact Luv 2 Play and fill out the contact form for more information.
Data Analysis & Business Plan
- You can use the data you collected in your market research in order to calculate some very simple analysis such as your break-even analysis, start-up expenses, and 3 year projections.
- From these analysis you can use this data to create a business plan. If you plan to attract investors or get a business loan you will surely need a good business plan. Indoor Playgrounds International can help you with this step of the process if needed.
Find a Location
- Location Location Location…. we all know that the location can be crucial to the success of a new business. If possible pick a high traffic area such as near a mall or shopping center. If you live in a high tourist area then pick a location next to where tourists might come in/out of your town.
- When looking for a building keep in mind that if you want to make you play structure tall you need a tall building. For a 3 story play structure you will need at least 15 feet of unobstructed height in your building. Also look for any obstructions in the building where the play structure will go. If you want electric soft play in your playground then make sure electricity is possible to the area you need it.
- Contact Indoor Playgrounds and we can help you with some tips about a location. Remember every city/town/state is different and the best location can vary from place to place.
Design Your Playground
- Decided where in your space you want the playground to be. Remember to think of things like party rooms, eating areas, areas for couches or tables & chairs for parents to sit and relax.
- Get a floor plan and/or measurements of your location and contact Indoor Playground International to obtain a custom quote. If you have some idea’s of theming in mind let us know and we can custom design anything you want. If you don’t have any idea that is okay too. Our professional designer’s can come up with something you will love.
- We will continue to revise our design’s until they exceed your satisfaction.
- If you need help with financing please contact us. We work with many finance companies that can lease the equipment for you so you can free up your cash flow for other areas of your business.
- If you are looking for something other than a lease we might be able to point you in the right direction for that as well. Just contact us and we will do anything we can to help.
Ordering & Production
- Once your design is finalized you will sign a contract with us and pay your deposit.
- At this time the production of your playground will begin. We will keep you updated every step of the way while your playground is being manufactured.
- While we are busy distributing your indoor playground you can prepare your site for the installation and opening of your new business. These things can include: interior decorating, staff training and recruiting, and preparing ads and promotions.
Inspection & Shipping
- Our playgrounds are manufactured in China and you are more than welcome to visit the factory to inspect your finished product before shipment. This would also be a great opportunity for you to receive some free training on playground maintenance and service.
- We will provide full shipping services door to door for your playground including customs clearance.
Oure crew of professional playground installers will come to you location to install your playground shortly after arrival of the equipment.
Grand Opening & Ongoing Maintenance
After the grand opening of your new indoor playground, Indoor Playgrounds International will continue to provide you superior support and service which includes your product warranty, maintenance support, new product discounts, and any other ideas and resources you may need to continue to run a successful business.