Indoor Playgrounds International is committed to only designing, distributing, and manufacturing indoor playgrounds that are in compliance with International Safety and Quality standards. Using only the finest materials and following a strict distributing and manufacturing process, we sell only safe, durable and well-designed indoor playgrounds..
It goes without saying that children’s safety should be the top priority in any business. This is even more important in an indoor playground business. To ensure success, having high quality equipment that meets all international safety standards is absolutely crucial.
In the long run, having high quality indoor playground equipment will greatly reduce the costs of maintenance and ensuring long-term profitability.
When choosing an indoor playground company, it is essential to ensure that the playground equipment that you will purchase is of the highest quality as well as in compliance with the safety standards set for indoor playgrounds. The safety of the playground users are of the top priority for any indoor playground owners. Indoor playgrounds that do not meet the required safety standards can be a hazard to the children playing on them. Indoor Playgrounds International only provides indoor playgrounds that are in compliance with the International Safety Standards.
Product safety and quality has always been Indoor Playgrounds International’s highest priority. Our play equipment is manufactured with the highest quality materials that is certified to international safety standards. Our equipment is designed and manufactured in compliance with the ASTM Part 1918-12, IBC 2015, CBC 2012 of the USA, EN 1176-1177 of Europe, UL, CE and GS among other international safety standards.
ASTM 1918-12, EN 1176 and EN 1177 are the world’s most comprehensive safety standards that are specifically developed for “Soft Contained Play Equipment”. By complying with these standards, we can minimize the injury hazards in the indoor playground and make sure that we will pass safety inspections in any country, mandatory or voluntary.
It takes many years of experience in this industry to fully understand these safety standards along with great investment in both resources and efforts in order to truly implement and incorporate them correctly in the design and manufacturing process. Below are the standards that we follow:
1) ASTM F1918-12 of USA
The ASTM F1918-12 is the first safety standard that was made specifically for indoor playgrounds and is used as one of the most authorized indoor playground safety standards in the world.
The materials used in our indoor playgrounds have been tested and certified to the anti-toxic and fire retardant standards set by ASTM 1918-12.
We have been designing, distributing, manufacturing, and installing indoor playgrounds and equipment that complies with ASTM standard for years. All the playgrounds we have installed in North America have passed the safety inspections, health inspections, and fire inspections required and are running safely and successfully.
2) EN 1176 of Europe
EN 1176 is a safety standard made in Europe for both indoor and outdoor playgrounds. It might not be as specialized as ASTM1918-12 for indoor playgrounds, but it is also used and referred as one of the main international standards for indoor playgrounds.
The materials used in our indoor playgrounds have been tested and certified to the EN1176 standard. All playgrounds we built in Europe have past the inspections by their local safety authorities, including the safety inspection in Holland and Norway, which are known as the most strict playground inspections among all European countries.
3) AS 3533.4.2-2013 of Australia
AS3533.4.2-2013 is another playground safety standard that is made specifically for indoor playgrounds. Our indoor playgrounds are in compliance with the Australia safety standards.
4) CSA Z614-07(R2012) of Canada
CSA Z614-07(R2012) is a safety standard in Canada for indoor and outdoor playgrounds. This is the safety standard that is used by the customers in Canada and thus we do make sure that our indoor playgrounds are also in compliance with this standard.
Test Laboratories used for the Testing and Certification
All of the testing of our materials and indoor playground products are done by SGS S.A. which is the world’s biggest and most reputable testing laboratory. The testing standards that we use for our products are the standards that are used for indoor playgrounds.
Aside from all of the vigorous testing we have done, the biggest evidence that can verify the safety and qualty of our indoor playgrounds and the service provided by Indoor Playgrounds International are the indoor playgrounds that we have installed all over the world. If you like to see some samples of other playgrounds we have sold and installed please take a look at our map of installed playgrounds on the home page.
Below are a few examples of the differences between Indoor Playgrounds International’s play equipment and the
play equipment of other manufacturers that may not comply with these standards. It takes years of
experience in this industry to clearly understand these safety standards along with great investment in
both resources and efforts in order to truly implement them correctly in the design and manufacturing process.
- The steel pipes we use are either 2.2mm or 2.5mm thick. These specifications will be written in the sales
contract and can be verified by the customers when they receive our products.
- Our steel pipes are hot-dip galvanized steel pipes where the whole pipe is immersed in a bath of molten zinc
thus both the inside and outside of the pipes are protected from rusting for many years. In comparison,
other companies might use a cheaper process such as “electroplated coatings”, such steel is not real
galvanized steel and have a much weaker corrosion resistance.
- Our proprietary clamps are made of galvanized steel, welded by automatic welding robots and are then
powder-coated to add a thick and durable layer of protection to prevent from rusting. These clamps are
stronger and more durable in comparison to iron clamps that may be used by other playground companies.
- Our safety netting is fire resistant and tightly knitted and certified to be used even in outdoor sports.
- Our fire resistant anti-climb netting will be used on the first level of our playgrounds to prevent
children from climbing on the outside of the structure.
- Our vertical steel pipes come with a strong cast-iron footings which are bolted to concrete flooring to hold
the pipes in a stable position. The pipes of some other suppliers might either simply sit on the floor, or
might be installed in a plastic footing.
Foam Pipes and Zip Ties
- Our foam pipe covers are 72″ thick with the diameter of the pipes being 3.34″. The PVC vinyl has a pure
and bright color and is also UV-resistant making sure the pipes stay flexible and durable even when exposed
in sunlight. The foam pipe covers of other companies might only be 7cm with the diameter of the pipes
being only 3.1″ as well as having PVC vinyl that is not UV-resistant causing the colors to fade and the PVC
vinyl itself to become fragile over time.
- The zip ties used to tie the foam pipes to the steel pipes are made of high quality plastic, making it
flexible yet still tough.
- We use generously more zip ties to tie the foams onto the steel pipes, the space between our zip ties is 5″
to 6″, in comparison with 9″ to 10″ of space of some other manufacturers.
- Our deck boards are over 2″ thick consisting of .7″ thick high quality plywood and 1.4″ thick high density
foam. In comparison, the deck boards of some other manufacturers might be only around 1.2″.
- Our deck boards are affixed to the pipe structures using powder coated brackets and screws.
- Our deck boards are completely wrapped in foam and covered with the same PVC tarpaulin on the front, rear
and sides, thus making sure the deck boards are soft on all sides. This provides the best protection and
care for the children as well as giving the boards an aesthetically pleasing look. In comparison, some
other manufacturers might attach foam on the front side only.
- The PVC tarpaulin used to wrap up our soft play equipment is heavy-duty 18oz industrial-grade PVC vinyl
which is 0.2″ thick, strengthened by 1000D nylon weaving inside the coating, making it capable of
withstanding many years of intense wear, yet still maintaining its soft touch.
- With one of the widest range of colors available, we are able to make a big range of colorful playgrounds
that will appeal to many different customers.
- We use only high-density foam to make the paddings for all our soft play equipment thus our soft play
equipment is capable of maintaining its shape for years under constant play. By comparison, some other
manufacturers might use cheap low-density foam which is not capable of maintaining its shape even after only
a few months.
Climb Ramps and Stairs
- Our ramps and stairs have a layer of high density EVA foam similar to the materials used in making our EVA
floor mats. This layer of high density EVA foam will enable the ramps and stairs to withstand the treading’s
of the kids and yet still maintain its original shape for years to come.
- The sides of the ramp are tied directly to the safety netting to make sure that there no gaps or spaces in
- The area on the bottom side of the ramp will be surrounded by safety netting to prevent children’s access,
but there will be a service entrance for the staff for maintenance purposes.
- Our rainbow bridges features a much higher arc making it looks much nicer in comparison to companies which
have a lower arc for their bridges.
- With the availability of the widest range of colors of PVC tarpaulin, we can create very colorful
bridges that can include all colors of the rainbow.
- Our punch bags are fully stuffed with foam and wrapped with our strong PVC tarpaulin making it bouncy and
giving the punch bags a plump look.
- They are attached to the structure using a steel harness which is very reliable and durable and also gives
the ability to allow full range of rotation.
- The steel harnesses is covered with soft padded PVC covers for the children’s safety in addition to also
giving the enitre playground its upscale finish.
- Our unique animal themed punch bags are also wrapped with our strong PVC tarpaulin, while the ears and arms
of the animal themed punch bags are strengthened to extend playability.
Vertical and Horizontal Rollers
- Our rollers are made of high-density foam which bounces back to its original shape after pressure is
released. Children can tread and lay on it, yet it will still keep its shape for years.
- The sides of our rollers are covered by soft padded PVC covers which protect the children from being hurt
from touching the moving parts of the rollers, in accordance with the safety standards set by Europe
(EN-1176) and USA (ASTM-1918).
Themed Elements: Canopy, Digital Print Soft Padded Boards, Themed Entrance
- Our digital prints are coated in a UV-resistant protective film, which will prevent the prints from fading
in sunlight and to protect them from being scratched and worn by children.
- Our themed elements are created by a graphic designers and are printed in high resolution formats,
thus giving them a clear look both close-up and from a distance. .
- The 3D windows and decorations are 3D in both the renderings and the real products as well.
Spiky Rollers and Spiky Balls
- Our rollers and balls are stuffed with foam while the spikes are stuffed with high quality synthetic cotton
used in stuffing plush toys. In comparison, many other supplies that might use scraps or saw dusts to stuff
- Our elastic forest obstacles are made of elastic materials on the ends making it easier and more
challenging for children to climb and push their way through the obstacle.
- All of our elastic forest obstacles are stuffed with high quality synthetic cotton similar to ones used as
plush toy stuffing which keeps them plump and durable.
- The balls that we provide for our ball pools/pits are of the best quality and come in multiple bright and
- We place stairs at the entry area from outside and exit area from inside of the ball pool / pit. This will
make it easier the kids to enter in and exit out of the ball pool.
- In addtion to standard balls we also carry GermBlock balls which are proven to resist germs from children.
Webbing Deck and Webbing Bridges
- The webbing decks and bridges are meant to be stepped on, jumped on and climbed on by the children and thus
they have to be strong enough to bear the weight of children. Our webbing is manufactured using tightly
knitted nylon which is the same materials that are used to make the seat belts in a car.
- The stitching of the webbing is done using very strong nylon threads and is double stitched on all the
joints of the webbing to ensure the webbing will stay strong for years to come.
Single Plank Bridge
- The sides of our single plank bridges are made of webbing which have a mesh size of 2″. In comparison, the
webbing of some other suppliers might have a mesh size of around 3-4″. The large mesh sizes poses a
danger to children and is not in compliant with the safety standards set for indoor playgrounds.
- Our webbing is installed using our unique Velcro designs which makes it easier to detached and reinstalled
by the owners for maintenance and cleaning purposes.
Webbing Crawl Tunnels
- Besides the standard webbed crawl tunnels, we also have many other varieties that can
add more excitement to the playground. We have a rocking web crawl tunnel that is suspended on big strong
springs, thus causing it to rock when children crawl through it. In addition, we also have a swaying
web crawl tunnel where the tunnel is suspended on 2 steel beams which causes it to sway left and right
as the children crawl through it. Even though they might look the same as the static tunnels, you can be
sure that they will be different.
Spider Climb Tower
- The spider climb tower is one of the most eye-catching exciting climbing equipment in indoor playgrounds.
Our spider climbing tower uses super strong elastic belts that are upholstered in PVC tarpaulin that
children will climb through to get to the next level. These belts are built to last for many years.
- We are constantly improving and renovating our products. An example would be the updated version of the
spider climb tower that has combined the spider climb tower with a trampoline below and includes color
changing LED lights.
Heavy duty pigmented rotomolded resin:
- All major plastic components of our indoor playground are made of shatter-proof compounded resins that are
usually found in outdoor playground only, and are produced with our own rotomolding machines. They are more
resistant to impact, abrasion, and aging. The finished product also looks more glossy and smooth, and does
not induce static.
- The wave slide is one of the most attractive and exciting play equipment in the indoor playgrounds which
will attract not just many children, but also parents (or grandparents). Our wave slides are designed and
built to be used by people of any size and meet all the safety standards of the world.
- Our fiberglass wave slide is made of colored gel which is abrasion-resistant and highly durable. The wave
slide gel will help to keep a brightly colored and glossy surface even after many years of usage.
- The body of our fiberglass slides are almost twice as thick as the slides of some other companies.. As a
result, our fiberglass slides are sturdier and more durable.
- Our wave slides are built with railings on the sides to keep the children safely on their own slide chutes.
- In compliance with the safety standards of USA ASTM and Europe’s EN, the sides of the slide structure are
enclosed by anti-climb netting with small mesh to prevent children’s fingers from getting caught in the
netting and also to prevent the kids from climbing up the slide.
- We install a big and thick soft mat at the end of our long exit section.
- The safety netting is also extended to surround the sides of the landing/exit area to prevent collision
accidents between children who are exiting the slides and other children.
Spiral Tube Slides
- Our spiral tube slides can comes with clear windows that are covered by a strong and clear lens made of the
same materials used in manufacturing bullet-proof windows.
- With the years of experience in manufacturing and installing indoor playgrounds, we are able to design and
build spiral slides that are optimized to ensure a smooth sliding experience for the children.
- In compliance with the safety standards of USA ASTM and Europe’s EN, the landing/exit area of the slides are
surrounded by safety netting to prevent collision accidents between the children who are exiting the slides
and the other children.
- Our plastic tubes such as those used in the crawling tubes may have a clear window covered by lens which are
made of the same materials used in manufacturing bullet-proof windows. This will enable parents to see into
these crawling tubes to keep an eye on their children.
Installation Brackets and Components for Slides
- Over our 12 years of experience in manufacturing and installing playgrounds, we have developed numerous
types of proprietary mounting brackets to ensure that the slides are fixed securely to the structure.
- Self-locking nuts and bolts are used in the slide installation and also in other play equipment that are
subjected to frequent vibration or movement to ensure that the play equipment is safe for the children
- Our commercial-grade trampolines are built with strong metal structures and specially strengthened metal
components such as the tailor-made springs. These structure and components will ensure that the trampoline
will be sturdy and durable.
- The trampoline cloth used in our trampolines is thick and made of high quality fabric that is made
specifically for trampolines. Nylon webbing is stitched on all sides of the trampoline cloth using
strong nylon threads to ensure the durability of our trampoline cloths.
- Our interlocking foam mats are commercial-grade and made of high-density anti-fatigue EVA that will stay in
shape even after years of intense usage in commercial playgrounds.
- For the toddler area, soft play mats are usually used instead of EVA mats. Our soft play mats are similar to
the deck boards used on our play structure only softer. The soft play mats have a plywood base and the foam
used is the 45D high-density soft foam and completely upholstered with our high quality PVC vinyl. The high
density foam will maintain its shape after years of usage and will provide better protection to the smaller
The installation process is a very essential part in the process of building an indoor playground. The quality of installation will affect the quality of the finished indoor playground. This is why only a fully installed indoor playground by a qualified professional will be considered a completed product which is ready for safety inspections as well as be covered under warranty. If the playground is installed improperly the safety and quality of the structure will be compromised.
Indoor Playgrounds International has in-house teams of highly experienced and skilled professional installers. Our installation technicians on average have around 8 years of playground installation experience. They have installed over 500 indoor playgrounds all over the world and have a strict standard which they follow to make sure that the playground are installed properly. This is to ensure that our playgrounds are not only safe and durable but will also give the finished playground a high quality look. Our professional installation teams will be our first guarantee of installation quality.
Indoor Playgrounds International constantly updates the materials, techniques and process used in the installation to ensure higher quality and efficiency in the playground installation process. For example, our installers have been fully trained in all aspects of the newest international building codes including IBC 2015 and all standards associated with them.